Bobby Allison-Gallimore over at the Rattler has posted his own version of the Teachout Cultural Concurrence Index. In for a penny in for a pound I say, so I went ahead and took Bobby’s test as well. I ended up with a 63 (note that is the percentage of concurrence not the number on which we agree) and again their were a number of choices I didn’t make because I was unable to choose or because I lacked enough knowledge. I simply refuse to choose between Beyonce and Outkast or between the Simple Life and the Real World. Bobby’s list is a little more pop culture orientated so that may skew your scores depending on how your knowledge trends. My answers are below and Bobby’s choices are always option B.
1. Cats or dogs?
2. Spring or Fall?
3. Willie Nelson or Pat Green?
4. Phantom or Les Mis?
5. Norm McDonald or David Spade?
6. Basketball or baseball?
7. Iced tea or water?
8. Fear Factor or Survivor?
9. Coen brothers or Farrelly brothers?
10. Frank Sinatra or Glenn Miller?
11. Vinegar- or tomato-based BBQ?
12. Bottle Rocket or Royal Tenenbaums?
13. Pollack or Warhol?
14. AOL or MSN IM?
15. Three Tenors or Three Amigos?
16. Rum or bourbon?
17. ER or Scrubs?
18. Designated hitter: bad or good?
19. New books or old?
20. Wilco or Uncle Tupelo?
21. The Passion or Jesus Christ Superstar?
22. Interstates or blue highways?
23. Anime or Warner Bros.?
24. Beethoven or Mozart?
25. PDA or laptop?
26. Sopranos or Simpsons?
27. Achilles or Odysseus?
28. Luke Wilson or Owen Wilson?
29. Belt or suspenders?
30. CATS! or Phantom?
31. Spiderman or Batman?
32. Mini-skirts or flower-print skirts?
33. Gift of the Magi or A Christman Carol?
34. Weekly Standard or National Review?
35. Kilborn or Conan?
36. Gawker or Wonkette?
37. Regular tie or bow tie?
38. Electric or acoustic?
39. Astroturf: yes or no?
40. Louis Armstrong or Duke Ellington?
41. CNN.com or FoxNews.com?
42. Christina Aguilera or Norah Jones?
43. Hot dogs or cheeseburgers?
44. Unforgiven or Tombstone?
45. Jeans or khakis?
46. Aestheticism or impressionism?
47. Pearl Jam or Counting Crows?
48. Moulin Rouge or Chicago?
49. Mall or Main Street?
50. Mac or PC?
51. Rushmore or Groundhog Day?
52. Wrigley or Fenway?
53. Sleeping Beauty or Fantasia?
54. Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell?
55. Rock show or musical?
56. Gangs of New York or Kill Bill?
57. Sonic or Backyard Burger?
58. Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi?
59. Quimby or Burns?
60. Tragedy or comedy?
61. Hoosiers or Field of Dreams?
62. Bar music: DJ or piano?
63. Holy Grail or Blazing Saddles?
64. Hemingway or Steinbeck?
65. Subway or bus?
66. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Aqua Teen Hunger Force?
67. Guitar or piano?
68. Alabama or Garth Brooks?
69. Snatch or Ocean’s Eleven (remake)?
70. Leno or Letterman?
71. Time or Newsweek?
72. Everybody Loves Raymond or NewsRadio?
73. Porter or Gershwin?
74. Old School or Animal House?
75. Senate or House?
76. Friends or West Wing?
77. Boy Scouts or 4-H?
78. Scary Movie or Super Troopers?
79. Colorized or black & white?
80. Stephen Sondheim or Rodgers & Hammerstein?
81. Happy Gilmore or Caddyshack?
82. Stage or screen?
83. Desktop or laptop?
84. Finding Nemo or Sealab 2021?
85. Better Off Dead or High Fidelity?
86. L.A. or San Francisco?
87. Star Wars (IV, V, VI) or Indiana Jones?
88. Blondes or brunettes?
89. MAD TV or SNL?
90. Quentin Tarantino or Wes Anderson?
91. Arnold Schwarzenegger or Ben Stein?
92. Kirk or Picard?
93. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark or Poe?
94. Austen or Dickens?
95. Spinal Tap or Tenacious D?
96. Natalie Portman or Kate Hudson?
97. Simple Life or Real World?
98. Wedding pics: before or after the ceremony?
99. Beyonce or Outkast?
100. Dr. Strangelove or Thirteen Days?