Some quick thoughts on why the Steelers will win tonight:
- The Steelers will run the ball and the Cardinals won’t.Â Willie Parker will get outside and rip off some big runs, IMO.Â I don’t think the Cardinals will be able to run and I am not sure they will try that much.
- The Steelers will get to Kurt Warner.Â I know, I know Warner has a quick release and reads the blitz well.Â But he can also get out of sync and struggle.Â I think the Steelers will get pressure and hit Warner and thus get the Cardinals out of rhythm.Â I think the Steelers might give up some plays and yardage, but I think they keep the Cardinal offense frum putting up a lot of points.
- I don’t think the Cardinals pass rush will put the kind of pressure on Ben Roethlisberger than gives the Steelers trouble.Â They simply aren’t like the Titans and Ravens in the way they bring the pass rush.Â If Ben has time like he did against San Diego he will have a nice day and the Steelers will move the ball.Â I also think Nate Washington or Santonio Holmes will get a big play because Ben makes something happen.
- I think the Cardinals play a whole lot better at home.Â The game in Carolina doesn’t count since Jake Dellhome played one of the worst big games in the history of professional sports.Â If the Steelers turn the ball over five times of course they lose.Â I don’t see Ben approaching that kind of suckitude – I just don’t.Â The Steelers have been playing big games all year and Ben really seems to have figured out how not to lose games for his team down the stretch.
Things that worry me:
- Larry Fitzgerald.Â Well, duh.Â I am not worried about big plays in terms of yardage but points.Â If the Steelers can keep the Cards to field goals that is a big win.Â If Fitzgerald gets free for a touchdown early it is a great equalizer.Â The Steelers have a great Red Zone offense so not allowing the big touchdown play is important.
- Punting.Â The Steelers punting is awful.Â I just want Mitch Berger not to shank one in a critical situation.Â The Steelers allowed the Ravens to hang around thanks to critical penalties and bad punts.Â You can’t give an offense like the Cardinals that kinds of advantage.
- Screens.Â The Steelers are vulnerable to running back screens and the Cardinals are good at them.Â This couled be another area for big plays.
I think if Fast Willie runs well and Ben plays smart the Steelers defense will do the job and the Cardinals won’t be able to put up the points neccesaary to win.Â I see the Steelers giving up some yardage but controling the game and winning 30-23.